The Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology (SJPI) is a technical and vocational Institution with a mission to meet the needs of its students through the provision of rich and diversified curricula that emphasizes career education and training.
The primary purpose of the institution is to provide an atmosphere where individuals are stimulated to further their intellectual, social and personal development that they may become productive and effective citizens.
To this end, the SJPI strives to provide its students with an applied theoretical base in communication arts, relevant sciences, current and appropriate technologies and business education upon which they may build careers, re toolpursue further educational goals, and contribute, as worthwhile citizens to the social and economic development of their country.
The SJPI is committed to maintaining a flexible curriculum that can respond to social changes and emerging technologies on a global level.It is also committed, to providing an environment which recognizes and emphasizes the responsibilities of the instructor and learner as joint participants in the educational process.
In keeping with its philosophy the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology provides a climate whereby students may
broaden their interests, develop their capabilities and achieve realistic and worthwhile goals;
- Broaden their interests, develop their capabilities and achieve realistic and worthwhile goals
- Develop creative disciplined thinking.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively.
- Receive guidance in choosing a career and prepare themselves for the chosen vocation.
- Develop occupational skills and competencies which will enable them to fulfill their roles as responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
- Satisfy the requirements of the labour market for skilled operatives, craftsmen and technicians.
- Acquire an appreciation for the importance of distance and continuing education in a diverse and changing global environment.
- Acquire an understanding of, and an appreciation for their rights and obligations as citizens in a democratic society.
- Cultivate a healthy respect for themselves as responsible individuals, respect for their society, and their environment in general, and for law and order in particular.
- Become conscious of the need for moral, intellectual and physical development