- Applicants MUST be at least 16 years old by May 31, 2018.
- Applicants to the Certificate in Nursing Auxiliary Studies and the Certificate in Catering programmes MUST be at least 18 years old by May 31, 2018.
- Applicants MUST submit only one application. A maximum of two choices is allowed.
- Applicants who do not possess Caribbean Examination Council (C.X.C.) Mathematics or English at the time of the application are required to write the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology (SJPI) Entrance Examination.
- Online applicants MUST submit to the Polytechnic a valid form of identification and proof of their qualifications exactly one week after applying on line.
- Applicants who are submitting paper applications MUST also submit at the same time, proof of qualifications and a valid form of identification.
- Applicants who are awaiting C.X.C. results to meet the prerequisites for programmes MUST submit the results to the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology (SJPI) as soon as they are available.
- Applicants who were born outside of Barbados are required to submit original documentation containing their immigration status along with copies to the Student Services Division one week after the application is submitted online or with the application form.
- Applications will not be accepted or processed without the required documentation.
- The closing date for all full-time applications is Friday, February 28,2018.
- The late closing date for all full-time applications is Friday, March 9, 2018.
- A non-refundable fee of $40.00 will be charged for all late applications.
|All Diploma Programs||Persons applying for the following diploma programmes must have the SJPI certificate in the chosen field.|
|Advanced Diploma||Persons applying for the advanced diploma programme must have the SJPI diploma in the chosen field.|
|Diploma in Accounts Technology||SJPI Certificate in Business Studies or 4 CXCs General Proficiency or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics and Principles of Accounts|
|Diploma in Office Administration||SJPI Certificate in Business Studies or 4 CXCs General Proficiency or equivalent including English Language, Office Administration or Principles of Business, Information Technology or Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM)|
|Certificate in Catering||SJPI Certificate in Home Economics or CXC Food and Nutrition at General Proficiency, Grade one, two or three by the date of the interview.|
|Certificate in Computer Maintenance and Repair||Applicant must be familiar with DOS and WINDOWS and preferably working in a computer oriented environment.|
|Diploma in Marine Diesel Engineering||SJPI Certificate in Maritime Operations or CXC English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject at General Proficiency, Grade one, two or three.|
|Apparel Manufacturing Technology Level 3 (NVQ)||CXC Textiles, Fashion and Clothing or SJPI Diploma in Garment Technology|
|Textile and Material Design Level 3 (NVQ)||CXC Textiles, Fashion and Clothing or SJPI Diploma in Garment Technology|