- Full-time applicants who do not possess Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) English and Mathematics are required to sit the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology (SJPI) Entrance Examination in English and Mathematics (multiple choice).
- The Entrance Examination will be held during April 18-21, 2017 at the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology , Wildey, St. Michael. Applicants will be notified by letters and email with their time and date.
- Applicants will be assigned to rooms on arrival at the SJPI.
- Applicants who have CXC Mathematics and English will not be required to write the Entrance Examination, but will be required to attend the interview for the programme for which they applied. Interview notices will be delivered at a later date.
- Applicants who have CXC Mathematics ONLY will write the Entrance Examination in English ONLY.
- Applicants who have CXC English ONLY will write the Entrance Examination in Mathematics ONLY.
- Applicants for the Diploma in Accounts Technology and the Diploma in Office Administration programmes will be exempted from the Entrance Examination but MUST possess the necessary prerequisites.
- Applicants are required to bring a calculator, a pen and pencil and some form of picture identification in order to write the examination.
A valid form of identification along with Proof of all qualifications must be submitted to the student Affairs Department one week after the application is submitted online or with the application form.
Interviews are normally held during the month of June. If you are required for an interview you will be contacted by the end of June 2017.
Applicants who applied for the programmes listed below are NOT required to write the Entrance Examination, since applicants must meet the prerequisites which are stated for these programmes (Please see the Entry Requirements and Prerequisite page on our website at www.SJPI.edu.bb).
- Diploma in Accounts Technology
- Diploma in Office Administration
Proof of all qualifications must be submitted to the student Affairs Department one week after the application is submitted online or with the application form.
Only Applicants, who are awaiting examination results for the programmes which require prerequisites, MUST submit those results to the Student Affairs Department as soon as they are available.
Full-time applicants are selected for interviews based on test results and the demand for places in the programme.